2022 Asia-Pacific Regional Virtual Conference on Early Childhood Development (ECD), 5-8th July 2022.This year’s conference aims to bring about strong awareness among policy makers and and practitioners of the substantial threats young children are facing due to the multiple crisis affecting them that is COVID-19, climate change and environmental degradation. The conference provides a platform to generate opportunities in the region around cross-sectoral and cross-country collaboration to strengthen ECD programs as a whole and highlight context-specific ECD and multisectoral responses to localized impacts on young children and their communities.
- Raise awareness among policy makers and practitioners of the compounding impact of the crises of COVID-19, climate change and environmental degradation on the family wellbeing and young children’s development and learning across the lifespan.
- Strengthen advocacy efforts within the region on how ECD policies, programs and services can be strengthened to respond to these three crises affecting young children and their families
- Share knowledge, tools and innovative practices developed at the national, sub-national and community level to promote nurturing care in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, climate change and environmental degradation affecting young children’s development and
- Strengthen multi-sectoral partnerships and ECD investments among existing and potential stakeholders, amidst these multiple crises, to create nurturing and sustainable environments for young children.
- ECD and COVID-19
- ECD and climate change
- ECD and environmental degradation (outdoor and indoor air pollution, exposure to harmful toxins, lack of clean and protective play and recreational spaces for children)
- ECCD Facilitators
- Health Assistants
- District Health Officers
- District Education Officers
- Officials from Ministry of Health
- Officials from Ministry of Education
- Officials from Khesar Gyalpo Universitry of Medical Sciences of Bhutan