The Bhutan Children’s Book Initiative, a collaborative project of Ministry of Education and Save the Children, has published additional 11 new children’s books in the English and Dzongkha by local authors and illustrators. The books are being provided to all the primary schools in Thimphu and Zhemgang, the two pilot districts for the project.
The books features stories and adventure that are appealing to very young children. Some of the books are listed below;
1. When little Jichu learns to fly- by Kinley Wangmo and Tshering Norbu Uden
2. The Folk Museum- by Chador Wangmo
3. The Egg in the Orchard- by Ashi Louise Dorji
4. Little Pema and Mighty Ngagays- by Needrup Zangpo and Rabi C Dahal
5. How is Pema? by Tashi Pem
6. Weaving a Rainbow- by Chador Wangmo.
There are also stories and concept books in Dzongkha.