Future Job Opportunity as Head of New Business Development (NBD) in Asia!
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We may not have the opening/vacancies now. However, we would like to invite you to leave your resume and cover letter here! The Talent Team will review your resumes periodically and reach out to your end once the position is confirmed and if you are shortlisted.
General Job Responsibilities:
Key Area A: Strategic Planning and External Engagement
- Under the guidance of the Country Director and in consultation with the SMT, provide support to the overall strategic planning process by formulating and updating Country Funding Strategies and Donor Engagement Plans linked to the Country Strategic Plans .
-Represent Save the Children as needed with key institutional, corporate, foundation and other donors
-Ensure best practice ways of working by participating in global/regional networks and Communities of Practice and embedding best practice into country ways of working
-Establish and strengthen relationship with non-traditional donors and explore new funding opportunities through public private partnership, CSR and multilateral donors in line with the Country Strategic Plan
-Engage with SC members and promote opportunities that align with country office and member priorities.
- Identify and facilitate dialogue between the SMT, members and key donors to ensure their knowledge of our programming in country office, sharing concepts and other opportunities for collaboration.
Key Area B: Resource Mobilization
- Develop annual work plans including resource acquisition targets, capacity building and system strengthening needs as well as engagement with international and domestic donors.
- Working closely with SC members and other stakeholders, collect donor intelligence and undertake an annual mapping of donor strategies and priorities for the country office.
-Develop a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor NBD performance and submit regular reports to the SMT, including analysis of donor trends.
-In coordination with the Member conduct After Action Review for large and strategic successful and unsuccessful opportunities and track and share lessons learned with relevant functions for future reference.
-Complete a training needs assessment and strengthen the capacity of the Business Development team as well as Program Teams on preparing high quality funding proposals.
-Work with Program and Communication Teams to develop promotion materials and presentations.
-Work with program teams to identify gaps in the funding portfolio for and work closely with members to support the development of flagship proposals that are marketable to donors.
-Play a lead role in facilitating project design workshops, developing concept papers, full proposals, and budgets, ensuring that high quality standards are met and that proposals meet donor and member requirements.
- Clearly identify roles and responsibilities of relevant stakeholders/staff and key actions for proposal development and ensure that there is a robust internal review process in place to ensure that quality proposals are submitted.
-Support in developing and managing strategic consortium partnerships which strengthen both programming and resource mobilization outcomes.
- Ensure that all relevant Sector Leads, Technical Advisors and Support functions like HR, Grants, Procurement, IT, Finance are fully and proactively involved in the development of new proposals.
- Oversee the coordination of Go/No Go meetings to evaluate opportunities with key senior staff
- Oversee the maintenance and upgrading of the donor database, proposal tracking system, and consultant roster (proposal writers).
-Develop a network of high quality external resources/consultants to support the country funding strategy.
*The above job responsibilities may change upon job opening.