Save the Children invites applications for the above mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Director-Finance is based in Dhaka and reports directly to the Country Director. As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), s/he is responsible for leading, ensuring the strategic direction and effective operation of Bangladesh Country Office Finance. The Director-Finance in her/his capacity is responsible for finance management, budget administration, and financial reporting – in both emergency and development programming contexts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for strategic direction and leadership of Save the Children Bangladesh Finance.
- responsible for long term financial planning in line with Child Safeguarding Policy, coordination of annual budget exercise, revision and update of in-country financial policy, analyze financial performance of the country operation
- Work along with relevant sector/program director(s) in developing plans to meet long-term funding and programming needs including diversification of funding sources.
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks, especially financial, related to delivering the Country Office programme and develop mitigation plans at proposal stage.
- Provide support for financial aspects in regards to budget development for new proposals, modifications, and cost/no cost extension.
- The key functions to ensure are proper management of payables, cash at bank and petty cash, process monthly fund request to Save the Children International centre office. ensure the documentation maintaining adequate audit trail
- Be responsible for ensuring country operation is fully complied with NGOAB and grants audit requirements, relevant TAX and VAT laws, compliance with GAAP and relevant Save the Children International and donor policies and procedures
- Ensure that proper recording accounting transactions into the accounting system (Aggreso), maintenance of Financial Management System (FMS) master data, compiling master budget for the Country Office
- Ensure compliance of Save the Children International to national legal provisions including those governing registration and approval of NGO activities, financial management and employment
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 12 (twelve) years of relevant work experience with at least 5 (five) years in a senior management position. Previous INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modelling
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures, including audit experience
- Excellent analytical skills–the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions
- Excellent experience of computerised office packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a large and proactive team from diverse background
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its values
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- FCMA/FCA/CPA preferred, postgraduation degree from reputed University, preferably in Finance or Business Administration or similar relevant area
Contract length: Regular
Job Location: Dhaka
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.