*ROLE CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN ASIA
The Regional External Communications Senior Officer, Asia is an important member of the Asia Regional Advocacy, Campaigns, Communications and Media (ACCM) team, which ensures that Save the Children’s work in the Asia-Pacific region has a high public profile and works to strengthen Save the Children’s brand recognition in key markets across the region.
This post plays a very important role in contributing to the organization’s ambition of creating a “movement of millions” of supporters through strengthening our reach and engagement in Asia. The post-holder will achieve this through consistently strategic, coordinated efforts to develop high-quality content and activities on the organization’s digital and social media channels in Asia, promoting prioritized campaigns, and positioning Save the Children as the leading independent child rights organization in the region. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the ACCM team is expected to work on prioritised responses and to vary working hours accordingly.
Support to Country and Members offices in Asia-Pacific region (30%)
- Ensures technical support and guidance to country teams in the region to develop and disseminate high quality, effective and creative products to increase engagement on digital and social media in support of brand development, campaign & advocacy objectives as appropriate.
- Ensures the communications, digital and social media capacities of offices in the region are strengthened as required to meet global and regional communications standards and policies, including child safeguarding, social media policy and best practice guidelines, and liaises with relevant teams to ensure such policies and guidelines are maintained.
- Develops and delivers social media plans as necessary according to global and regional campaign and communication priorities.
- The role works collaboratively with ACCM teams and digital colleagues in Save the Children Country and Members Offices in Asia as well as the Global Communications and Content Unit to develop integrated communications products at regional / country level.
- Supports high priority humanitarian emergencies through timely and high quality content relevant to various stages of an emergency response. This support may include deployment at short notice to the countries affected by disasters to lead and coordinate content and social media work for internal and external dissemination
- Responsible for website maintenance & social media management for regional accounts (creating, scheduling, analysing content posted on regional social media platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
Impact, Learning and Innovation (30%)
- Supports the development of innovative, forward-thinking concepts for regional influencing strategies and projects as appropriate to strengthen engagement with audiences and grow our share of voice in the region
- Ensures the monitoring, documenting and reporting of social media communications successes and impact in the region & actively contribute to a culture of sharing best practice, innovation and cross-learning
Prioritised Emergency Communications (20%)
- Supports design, coordination and timely internal and external dissemination of quality content, case studies, photos, videos, blogs in prioritised emergencies in line with best practice humanitarian response guidelines & essential standards
- Ensures support for capacity building at country offices on design and delivery of timely and quality communication products during emergencies.
Asia Regional Office Communications and Engagement (20%)
- Maintains high profile of advocacy and campaign work from region on internal channels, including support of design of regional newsletter.
- Conducts external representations and engagement activities related to regional campaigns, advocacy, and communications priorities as needed.
- At least 3 years’ experience in digital and social media space with international NGO’s or experience working on consumer facing brands
- A Digital & social media marketing qualification , with working knowledge and experience in strengthening brand presence through social media and digital strategies in Asia using data analytics (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Expert working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Flash, Adobe InDesign , Final Cut pro for multimedia design and production / Web / Print / 2 D and 3 D Motion Design for digital and social media channels
Experience and Skills
- Strong creative storytelling skills through design and videography to step up engagement among audiences from ideation to delivery of creative content (videos, GIFS, social cards).
- Proven success in raising brand awareness with strong expertise in development and delivery of digital and social media strategies informed by data analytics (including but not limited to Social listening)
- Excellent written communication skills in English, with a proven ability to distil large amounts of complex information to motivate and influence diverse audiences
- Familiar and comfortable with a fast paced, result oriented approach, and possessing a high degree of flexibility and adaptability in order to respond to changing needs
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with an ability to multi-task and manage multiple demands and competing priorities, while maintaining high quality standards
- Collaborative team spirit with keen interest in self-learning and development of others
- Commitment to Save the Children’s values
- Experience working on consumer facing brands with digital and social media agencies would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of using digital, web analytics and social listening analysis
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 21 January 2020
We would shortlist CVs on a rolling basis. The job vacancy may be filled before the closing date of the advertisement if a suitable candidate has been selected.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.