Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for potential female candidates.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager – Education in Emergencies, this position holder will work collaboratively with the Education in Emergencies’ program managers and operations team. S/ he will serve as EiE’s principal point of engagement for Burmese language interventions with all Save the children’s partners. The candidate will be a dynamic individual who is experienced in delivering high-quality language technical assistance and demonstrates experience in collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
The position holder is required to support in developing project proposals for the EiE team and provide technical oversight of the Burmese language. S/he needs to provide timely updates on situational, security and program developments and manage a team of Burmese language consultants when needed. The overall role of this position is to monitor and ensure quality Burmese language practices within the EiE response in Cox’s Bazar.
Qualifications and experience
• Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in an education program or language setting
• Experience working with educators to improve teacher training and adapt curriculum
• Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, with a Native level of verbal and written fluency in the Burmese language
• Ability to identify the quality issues in the Burmese language in the given context and implement field-level solutions.
• Understanding the Bangla language, Chittagonian, and Rohingya dialects will be an added advantage
• Completion of Secondary education under Myanmar education system or successful completion of M3 Level (preferably M4) by MLT (Myanmar Language Test), with higher score, need to provide official records.
• Graduation / Master’s Degree, preferably in Burmese Language/Education/ Science/Social Science/English and other relevant faculties, from internationally accredited institutions and/or from Myanmar.
Contract Type: Regular
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.